Term & Conditions
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW AT THE START OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP
What types of membership do we have?
*Available on all regularly scheduled 1 hour courses.
Your membership access applies only to regularly scheduled in-studio classes and begins on the date you make the first payment of your membership or electronically sign or otherwise accept and agree to this Agreement.
Unless where expressly included in a given Membership, special events, workshops, Study Groups, Choreography courses and teacher training sessions require additional payments and/or agreements for access. Your membership dues are based on a period of time and are in no way related to or adjusted based on actual usage.
Do we offer any discounts?
Full Time Student Discounts
Full time students receive a 10% discount on all Memberships upon presentation of valid student card (or equivalent)
Are offered for families enrolling children into our kids & youth classes under certain enrolments and for sibling enrolments.
Children of parents enrolled under an All Access Academy membership receive free enrolment into kids & youth classes. For details contact us.
How old do you have to be?
Are offered for people 17 years and above. In some circumstances people aged 15 – 16 may also join the classes with prior approval from management.
Kids & Youth Classes
Are offered for people aged 16 years and below, in accordance with our current program offerings.
Can you change your mind after buying a membership?
We’re committed to delivering something you’ll love. Fully refundable 24 hours prior to start of course – must advise us by email dancing@riorhythmics.
Money Back Guarantee – if you decide it’s not for you by the end of your second class simply let us know before you leave the Studio & we’ll refund you in full. Non-refundable after second class.
Continuing Courses (all courses other than Starter Courses)
Paid in full upfront
If you pay in full upfront for a non-starter course you have a comfort guarantee period when you first become a member (not available for membership renewals).
Comfort Period on upfront payments
If you are a new customer (not a renewing customer) and you cancel your prepaid membership during 14 days from the date of purchase you will receive a refund of the amount paid, less any days used and a cancellation fee of $25.
Fortnightly Direct Debit Payment
You can cancel your membership at anytime, subject to any minimum commitment periods. See cancellation policy for details on when you wish to finish your membership.
Minimum commitment periods on direct debits
If the membership product or promotion you purchase provides for a minimum commitment (minimum duration), you will be charged for no less than the stated minimum duration. You can freeze your membership after a minimum of two-fortnights.
Health and Safety
When attending any of our services you acknowledge, understand and agree that you take full responsibility for your own health and wellbeing at all times throughout. You agree that:
- You are participating in the class(es) and other activities with the Academy voluntarily. You understand that our offered services are not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment.
- It is your responsibility to notify the instructor of any serious illness or injury that might impact your physical practice.
- In the case where you have an injury, sickness or anything else that may be affected by physical activity, you confirm that you will have consulted with a physician to ensure that you can participate in the physical aspects of the services.
- You will assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages (known and unknown) which you might incur as a result of your choice to participate. If you have any doubts, we strongly urge you to seek expert advice before starting and at any subsequent time.
- Our staff and contractors are not medically trained. They are not qualified to assess if you are in good physical condition and can participate in the class(es) without risking your health, safety or comfort.
- You agree that neither the Academy, nor any facility our services may take place in, nor the Academy’s employees, officers or contractors are liable for any injuries or damages to person or property, resulting from your participation.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW DURING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
When do you pay membership fees?
Paying via Direct Debit
You pay memberships fortnightly in advance, by automated direct debit from a bank account or credit card. Your first payment will be calculated on a pro-rata basis from the date you start with us till the date of the next regular direct debit payment.
Payments made via Direct Debit are recurring and can be made from your bank account or Visa or Mastercard. Debits are made fortnightly. This is preset for all members. A failed Direct Debit may incur a dishonour fee from your banking institution through Ezi Debit.
Payment can be made for memberships upfront in full at the beginning of your enrolment. We accept EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, or cash.
Freezing your membership
Memberships can be frozen for a minimum of two fortnights. You can freeze your membership up to a maximum of 3 months within a given calendar year. A $5 set up fee applies. You can freeze your membership after a minimum of two fortnights.
Changing your membership or changing the days you dance within your membership?
Change Membership Type
You can change your membership type. You can upgrade anytime. You can downgrade after any minimum duration / minimum commitment. See our reception team for support.
Selecting & changing days you dance within your membership
We want you to adapt the days you dance to suit your availability and to dance the courses you wish and we know these will flow and evolve during your dancing journey with us.
To maintain an appropriate change process please note the following guidelines:
- You are expected to have a reasonable level of consistency in your days danced within your membership as reflective of the ongoing nature of our core course streams and program.
- You understand you will be enrolled into all courses of your choice within your chosen days under your membership.
- You are not able to change your days for a period of three weeks or less.
We reserve the right to refuse unreasonable change requests at our discretion.
Unable to attend one of you classes?
We understand that life is busy and things come up. If you can’t make your class for any reason you must advise us by email dancing@riorhythmics.
What services are available to you?
Looking After You: Your correct course levels
We have classes to suit the beginner through to performance-level dancers and it’s important to us you dance at the right level for your experience.
All students are able to progress directly to their suitable dance level and are invited to speak to their dance instructors to find your ‘sweet spot’ in the Academy and progress from there.
All memberships are limited to courses that are suitable for your dance level (not above). Where courses are overbooked, bookings are prioritised as follows: capacity is allocated to those who are enrolling into their recommended level, followed by on a first-come first-served basis and subject to ratios of leaders & followers as applicable.
Courses and membership benefits start and end within their given payment fortnight
Unless stated otherwise, and regardless of payment method, courses and all course options (course membership benefits, make-up classes, bridging privates etc.) apply only within the fortnight to which they relate and expire at the end of that fortnight. No such benefits accrue across fortnights.
Payments during any end of year festive close-down period
Your ongoing fortnightly direct debits will be paused during any end of year festive close-down period.
For members paid in full upfront, your membership will be extended for the duration of the festive shutdown period.
- Unable to Attend: Cancel at least 8 hours in advance. Booked lessons that you need to cancel may be re-booked at no additional cost if cancelled at least 8 hours prior to the scheduled lesson. Thereafter 50% of the Private Lesson fee will be charged at the discretion of the Academy. If you have a Pre-Paid Private Lesson Multi-class pass you will lose the class that was cancelled. We will credit the remaining 50% towards your next purchase of any Private Class Pack/Single class (non-refundable, transferable or exchangeable).
- Payment Upfront In Full: Payment must be made in full before or directly on completion of your session before you leave the Studio..
- Expiry: Private Lessons Packs expire 6 months from their purchase date. Single Private Lessons expire 1 month from their purchase date.
- Late Arrival or No-Show Always directly contact your teacher as soon as possible if you are running late. If you don’t directly contact the teacher. Arrival 15 mins late or less: private lesson will continue, and will run until the originally scheduled time at the same price. Arrival over 15 minutes late or no-show – private lesson is forfeited and cancelled.
Private Lessons for Teacher development or related Purposes
Private lessons are for the benefit of your own personal growth, should you wish to take a private lesson for teaching development purposes please advise us prior to booking. Additional fees may apply.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW AT THE END OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Freezing your membership
Memberships can be frozen for a minimum of four weeks. You can freeze your membership up to a maximum of 3 months within a given calendar year. A $5 set up fee applies. If you’re on a fortnightly direct debit membership your freeze period will begin from the next normal direct debit payment date after you request your freeze.
Ending your membership
Starter Course Enrolments
Fully refundable up until the expected completion of your second class. After your second class your course is non-refundable.
Memberships paid upfront in full (excluding Starter Course Enrolments)
If you are unable to freeze your membership you can email us requesting cancellation and nominating your requested cancellation date (last day).
Unless you are cancelling due to the Cancellation Reasons provided below, your membership is non-refundable after the comfort guarantee period (if applicable).
Comfort Guarantee for new customers:
If you are a new member (not a renewing member) you cancel your prepaid membership during 14 days from the date of purchase you will receive a refund of the amount paid, less any days used and a cancellation fee of $25.
Memberships paid via fortnightly direct debit
If you are unable to freeze your membership, you can cancel your membership at anytime with 14 days written notice, subject to any minimum commitment periods.
If the membership product or promotion you purchase provides for a minimum duration, you will be charged for no less than the stated minimum duration.
How to end your membership & cancel your fortnightly direct debits
Fortnightly direct debits will continue until you request they end. If you are unable to freeze your membership, we’ve made it easy to finish your membership whenever you need to.
To cancel your fortnightly direct debit payments, and your membership, you need to:
- Email us requesting cancellation and nominating your requested cancellation date (last day) allowing a minimum of 14 days notice from the day you write to us before your requested last day.
- Provide your preferred phone number so we can call you to confirm the details of your cancellation.
- We will email you a written confirmation of the request.
- Your fortnightly membership direct debit payment will continue within the 14 days notice period and will be cancelled from the first payment date after that period or your requested end date if longer than 14 days.
- You must provide a minimum of 14 Business days written notice in advance of your requested cancellation date to ensure cancellation in the requested time-frame.
- No cancellation fee applies (note – if you are cancelling within your minimum commitment period, you will be charged for no less than the stated minimum duration)
Cancellation Reasons: Reasons eligible for Refunds within minimum commitment periods or for paid-upfront memberships
If freezing your membership is not suitable, you can cancel your membership and receive a partial refund in the following circumstances:
- you are sick or incapacitated – we may ask you to show us a certificate from a qualified medical practitioner stating that you cannot exercise for the rest of your term.
- you are bankrupt– we may ask you to show us supporting documents.
- you relocate to an area that is unreasonably far away from the academy – we may ask you to show us supporting documents
Refund available in the above cases:
- For 3mth memberships paid upfront in full: we will refund you the amount paid, less the service period expired under the membership (based on the first day of membership until the date cancellation is requested in writing), and a cancellation fee of $25.
- For 6 or 12mth memberships paid upfront in full: we will refund you the amount paid, less the service period expired under the membership (based on the first day of membership until the date cancellation is requested in writing), and a cancellation fee of 5% (for 6mth memberships) or 10% (for 12mth memberships) of the remaining contract value
Transferring your membership to another person
Memberships paid upfront in full can be transferred to another person on a per-request basis at the discretion of Rio Rhythmics. Memberships paid via fortnightly direct debit are non-transferrable.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS FOR OTHER PRODUCTS & SERVICES
All other products & services are non-refundable including but not limited to: Special Introductory Offers Class Passes, Private Lessons, Friends of Rio Memberships, Specialty Courses purchased individually, Workshops, Bootcamps, Latin Mix, Practica, Annual Ball Tickets, White Magic Ball Tickets and Gift Vouchers are non-refundable.
They may be transferred to another person unless otherwise stated. Specialty Courses purchased within a Course Package are subject to the Course Package conditions.
STUDIO POLICY & RULES
- Shoes must be wore at all time at the studio. Thongs are not appropriate footwork for the dance floor.
- No swearing, yelling, bullying or disrespectful behaviour.
- Positive calm communication at all times
- We are a smoke free environment so please don’t smoke in or around the studio
- All mobile phones MUST be switched off or on silent whilst in class/es
STUDENT BEHAVIOUR / STUDENT CONDUCT
At Rio Rhythmics we do not allow swearing, indecent or disrespectful language, defamatory comments, or disrespectful or indecent conduct from students, parents/guardians, family members or visitors.
All students are expected to show respect and consideration to all teachers and staff members, and to each other. This is our happy place, lets keep it this way!
Students need to remember they are role models for other students and need to show leadership by setting a great example through actions and speech.
All students need to be responsible for adhering to these policies and procedures of the studio and to bring up any concerns to the appropriate person. A student may be ask to leave the studio if they do not adhere to studio rules or or policy.
All students need to be willing to receive direction and coaching as appropriate.
Students will be contacted and notified if student behaviour is unacceptable.
Any indecent or inappropriate physical contact between staff, students and any visitors must be reported immediately.
Rio Rhythmics is all about being positive and making everyone feel welcomed and accepted.
- Bullying in any of these forms is not tolerated:
- In person, via email, via text messaging, via the internet, verbal abuse or shouting, physical abuse, excluding or isolating someone, humiliation through sarcasm, criticism or insults, psychological harassment, belittling or ignoring someones contribution or opinion.
If anyone feels they are a victim of any of the above, we ask that they first try discussing the matter directly with the person/people concerned and request them to end the behaviour. If unsuccessful or inappropriate to do so, contact or speak to any of our trained and friendly staff to gain assistance in resolving the matter.
OTHER LEGAL DETAILS
Photography, video and digital recording
Please note that while attending our classes you consent to Rio Rhythmics, its officers, agents, employees and proprietors taking photographs, video and digital recordings or any other visual or audio recordings of you. Rio Rhythmics reserves the right to use photographs, video and digital recordings and in any medium, including the website, brochures, social media channels or for marketing purposes.
Classes continue as normal on all public holidays, including Easter. Our administration however is closed on all public holidays.
Loss or Theft of Property
We are not responsible for lost or stolen property. You are encouraged to keep valuables with you at all times when using any of our facilities. Storage spaces are offered without any representation that they will be effective in protecting valuables.
Pricing and availability
Each course timeslot and fees are subject to change at Rio Rhythmics’ discretion. Rio Rhythmics reserves the right to cancel classes. In the event that classes are cancelled it is solely at the discretion of Rio Rhythmics to provide replacement class options, credit for missed classes or another form of replacement for missed classes, such as free entry to a party/ies.
Updated 13 October 2021