Health and Safety
When attending any of our services you acknowledge, understand and agree that you take full responsibility for your own health and wellbeing at all times throughout. You agree that:
- You are participating in the class(es) and other activities with the Academy voluntarily. You understand that our offered services are not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment.
- It is your responsibility to notify the instructor of any serious illness or injury that might impact your physical practice.
- In the case where you have an injury, sickness or anything else that may be affected by physical activity, you confirm that you will have consulted with a physician to ensure that you can participate in the physical aspects of the services.
- You will assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages (known and unknown) which you might incur as a result of your choice to participate.
- You agree that neither the Academy, nor any facility our services may take place in, nor the Academy’s employees, officers or contractors are liable for any injuries, or damages, to person or property, resulting from your participation.
Attending the correct courses for you
We have classes to suit the beginner through to performance-level dancers and it’s important to us you dance at the right level for your experience. All students are able to progress directly to their suitable dance level and are invited to speak to their dance instructors to get to your ‘sweet spot’ in the Academy and progress from there.
Make-Up Classes and missing a class in your Course
If you are a Shift Worker please advise our team when booking your course as we will work to offer greater flexibility to support your schedule where possible.
It is a customer’s responsibility to attend their courses. We allow up to three Make-Up Classes per course per term to allow you to take classes in place of those you have missed.
Cut-off time for notifying us you can’t make your class (by phone, 07 3844 1824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) is 5pm on weekdays and one hour prior to class on weekends. After this time no Make-Up class will be available to you as our system will not have credited you an in-term class!
Make-Up classes are subject to availability, must be pre-booked and must be taken within the same term as your missed class. No credits will be provided where a Make- Up class is unavailable sorry.
Catch-Up Private Lessons
If unable to attend four or more consecutive classes within a short or full course, you can catch-up via a Catch-Up Private Lesson.
You must notify us in advance of the classes you will miss, and your reason for missing the classes must be legitimate eg. medical reasons, travel or other significant commitments.
One Catch-Up Lesson is available per missed course, up to a maximum of three Catch Up privates (Our instructors will tailor the lessons to fit the catch-up requirements).
Each Catch-Up Private Lesson is offered at no additional cost. The customer’s membership must be paid and current.
If you notify us after missing your classes we are unable to offer this service.
Courses and membership benefits start and end within their given Term (Term 1, 2, 3, 4) Unless stated otherwise, and regardless of payment method, courses and all course options (course membership benefits, make-up classes, catch-up privates etc.) apply only within the term to which they relate. No such benefits accrue across Terms eg. if you have missed classes in Term 1 any available Make Up classes must be taken in Term 1.
Enrolling after Term / Program has commenced:
- Enrol before week 4: You are able to enrol in a course up until week 4 of the course (courses 8 weeks or longer). Course pricing is per-course and includes benefits beyond just classes, and the fee is not able to be reduced for missed classes.
- Alternative enrolment week 5: Any new student who enrols in a 12 week course in week 5, payment for the course/s will be made in full and a Catch-Up Private Lesson will be included to catch-up on the missed course material.
- Pro-Rata options for courses after week 6 (excl. starter): For enrollment from week 6 or for a minimum of 7 classes within a 12 week course, subject to availability, classes will be charged pro rata in conjunction with the number of private lessons suggested by an Instructor.
Photography, video and digital recording Please note that while attending our classes you consent to Rio Rhythmics, its officers, agents, employees and proprietors taking photographs, video and digital recordings or any other visual or audio recordings of you. Rio Rhythmics reserves the right to use photographs, video and digital recordings and in any medium, including the website, brochures or for marketing purposes.
Public Holidays Classes continue as normal on all public holidays, including Easter. Our administration however is closed on all public holidays.
Pricing and availability Each course timeslot and fees are subject to change at Rio Rhythmics’ discretion. Rio Rhythmics reserves the right to cancel classes. In the event that classes are cancelled it is solely at the discretion of Rio Rhythmics to provide replacement class options, credit for missed classes or another form of replacement for missed classes, such as free entry to a party/ies.
Payments In Full Upfront
- Payment can be made upfront in full at the beginning of your enrolment.
- For all full payments, we accept EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, or cash.
Monthly Direct Debit
- Monthly direct debits are offered for some course options.
- Direct Debits can be made from your bank account or Visa or Mastercard.
- Debits are made at the start of each month. If you commence a course midway through a month your Direct Debit first payment will be drawn on the day of your enrolment with following payments drawn on the 1st day of each subsequent month. Receipts are issued automatically via email. Failed Direct Debit may incur a dishonour fee from your banking institution through Ezi Debit.
- Monthly direct debits will continue until you request they end.
- There is no minimum or maximum commitment.
- You will receive an email in advance of your next term of dance notifying you that the next term is upcoming. There is no cancellation fee for cancellations made in accordance with this email.
Pro Rata Bookings
- Pro rata bookings are only available from week six of the term for most Full (12 week) and Specialty Courses, or if you will be away for 3 or more weeks due to holiday or work commitments. It is your responsibility to attend the course/s you enrol in.
FREEZING YOUR MEMBERSHIP Memberships can be frozen up to a maximum of 3 months within a given calendar year. A $5 set up fee applies.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Special Introductory Offers are non-refundable and expire 6 months after purchase.
- Starter Courses are fully refundable up until the expected completion of your second class. After your second class your course is non-refundable.
- One, Two, Unlimited Courses or Plus Memberships
- A minimum 14 days notice is required for all refund requests and notice must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- Where paid upfront in full: Refunds are available for remaining course amount (based on scheduled remaining number of classes in course as at 14 days notice date) less a $25 cancellation fee.
- Where on a monthly direct debit: your cancellation will come into effect in the next direct debit bill cycle after the 14 day notice period less a $25 cancellation fee.
- Other Services All other services are non-refundable eg. Private Lessons, Friends of Rio Memberships, Specialty Courses purchased individually, Workshops, Bootcamps, Latin Mix, Practica, Annual Ball Tickets, White Magic Ball Tickets and Gift Vouchers are non-refundable. They may be transferred to another person unless otherwise stated. Specialty Courses purchased within a Course Package are subject to the Course Package conditions.
As our courses are progressive, they are unable to be transferred. At the discretion of Rio Rhythmics’ management, your fees may be transferred to a following term or to another person by way of a credit.
- Cancel at least 8 hours in advance Booked lessons that you need to cancel may be re-booked at no additional cost if cancelled at least 8 hours prior to the scheduled lesson. Thereafter 50% of the Private Lesson fee will be charged at the discretion of the Academy.
- Payment Upfront In Full Payment must be made in full before or directly on completion of your session.
- Unable to attend May be re-booked at no additional cost if cancelled at least 8 hours prior to the scheduled lesson. Thereafter 50% of the Private Lesson fee will be charged. If you have a Pre-Paid Private Lesson Multi-class pass you will lose the class that was cancelled. We will credit the remaining 50% towards your next purchase of any Private Class Pack/Single class (non-refundable, transferable or exchangeable).
- Late Arrival or No-Show Always directly contact your teacher as soon as possible if you are running late. If you don’t directly contact the teacher:
- Arrival 15 mins late or less – private lesson will continue, and will run until the originally scheduled time same price.
- Arrival over 15 minutes late or no-show – private lesson is forfeited and cancelled.
- Private Lessons for Teacher development or related Purposes Private lessons are for the benefit of your own personal growth, should you wish to take a private lesson for teaching development purposes please advise us prior to booking.
27th November 2018