10 Reasons why social partner dance is SO good for you.
Dance your way to a better you and a better life with us doing social Latin partner dance.
Here are 10 ways it will get you there!
- Keeps you younger
- Improves self confidence
- Creates new neural pathways, great for memory and brain plasticity.
- Healthy, respectful, physical touch, an essential need for the human psych
- Mindfulness, you have to be in the moment.
- Physical exercise that is FUN and both strengthens and stretches muscles.
- Raises the heart rate which releases feel good endorphins into the bloodstream
- Reduces levels of cortisol – a stress hormone.
- Makes you happier and more relaxed – due to points 7 & 8.
- Social interaction, in person, with a variety of people from different walks of life all with a common interest.
We could go on and on, but that’s for another time.
In a study by Dr. Lovatt published in The Telagraph he said “It shows that dancing along to music even for five minutes can boost happiness and improve creative-thinking patterns” (aha yet another one, improves creative thinking patterns!). “Dancing stimulates us physically and emotionally while there are also cognitive and social elements to it”, Dr Lovatt also explains.
Dance has an incredibly positive effect on both your physical and mental wellbeing, because of this the flow on effect goes far beyond the dance class or social dance and can improve entire day, and even your entire week!
So come dance to have fun, to be happy, to relax, make friends, lose weight, dance to celebrate, to explore, or to re-wire your brain. Dance to be more alive!
At Rio Rhythmics we welcome people of any age, from all walks of life, completely new to Latin dance or highly advanced, and believe NOW is always the very best time to get started. To find out more click here.
Join our Latin Dance Community
For notifications on Latin related events, NEW courses and to receive insights into the world of Latin dance, join our list. Receive a double pass to our weekly Latin Mix party valued at $28!
* denotes a required field.
If you would like to chat with our team any time give us a call on 3844 1824 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.