Latin Dance Starter
Discover how our Latin Dance Starter course delivers a unique concept of how you can learn Latin dance.
Experience: Our most popular starting course. Be empowered to become a confident, versatile, social dancer. You will explore the basics of 6 of the most popular Latin styles by feeling the differences in the music and learning organic movement rather than just focusing on steps.
Dance Styles: Salsa, Merengue, Forró, Bachata, Zouk Lambada and Samba.
Duration: 6 weeks | One hour class per week
Studio: 163 Boundary St, in the heart of West End
After Latin Dance Starter: Latin Dance Starter is part of our full Foundation program, a progressive system that will expand your knowledge and skill across the most popular and authentic Latin styles.
Your Course is a complete experience
You will be invited to social events, receive support emails and gain access to practice videos. You are opening the door to one of the best Latin Dance Academies in Australia with a vibrant long-running community. We offer Private tuition, weekly parties and fun events. You dance at your pace & we are here to support your dance journey.
One Course Membership | Starter $23 per week
Double your dancing | Starter $34.50 per week, Dance two Starter Courses of your choice.
We also offer Multi-Course memberships if you want to jump into multiple dance style courses.
Cuban Salsa – Salsa is danced in many different “flavours” or styles. Cuban Salsa is very grounded with African influences and as such will improve your body movement and flow. See more
Samba No Pé – This dance style is what Brazil is famous for! Samba no Pé is a non-partnered dance style that is great for fitness, toning and posture. Prepare to have fun! See more
Here are just some of the benefits some of our members say they enjoy:
- You dance with a partner from day 1.
- No partner or experience required.
- Learning with two qualified instructors per class
- An enriched learning experience with our Student Supporters
- Discovering that you can dance multiple styles with two simple step options.
- Making friends with class mates and enjoying included social events.
- Receiving weekly support videos
- Discover muscles you never knew existed.
- A thriving dance community.
- Benefit from our proven method refined over 20 years.
- Gaining cultural insight, not just learning steps.
- Improved mind body connection and comfort moving their body.
- All the while having fun!
- When a friend invited me along to Rio Rhythmics in West End to try the Latin Mix intro class one Saturday night, I thought I’d give it a try. I had no idea that night would be the turning point to a wonderful new life full of dance & lovely friendships. I’ve dropped 20kgs in weight & feel fit, alive & so happy.Andrea Young
- Nowadays I don't know what I would do if i couldn't go out social dancing. The thing is that Latin dance isn't only about connecting with a partner to the music, it is a social scene, a network of friends, a meeting place for young and old. I go out most weekends dancing, I don't drink much alcohol, I meet lots of new and interesting people, I stay fit, and my confidence in all sections of my life has gained a boost.Stewart Shuker
- "I joined the Rio Rhythmics dance community with my parents and brother and after the first lesson I have to say all my family was hooked. Before joining Rio, I danced ballet for 17yrs years and was looking for a way to continue my enjoyment of dancing. I have certainly found this with Rio because they offer so many dance styles and host great social dance parties every weekend that are so much fun. The teachers are always upbeat, encouraging and inspiring. Everyone is warm and fun to be around and I have made so many new friends. It’s definitely a place where the community can come together and enjoy dancing". Sarah EvansRekindle the love of Dance.
- "I've just returned from the most amazing 8 week trip of a lifetime of non-stop dancing across Brasil and Cuba, where many people told me I danced like a local. For me this journey really started 6 years ago when I started my foundation course with Rio Rhythmics learning to dance Samba, Zouk and Salsa and I am so thankful to them for such a fantastic start. I think learning so many different styles in the Foundation Course from the very beginning has been a great advantage to me as a dancer. I found my confidence grew more quickly as it allowed me to find the different styles which best suited me. It also taught me perseverance which I am grateful for as I struggled with Zouk at first and now it is one of my favourite styles. The course made me a more versatile dancer and I love bringing what I know of the different genres across to create my own style. I also love knowing no matter where I go in the world I can experience the joy that is dancing and meet amazing locals because there will be a style of dancing I know and love. Kara CoughlinI danced my way through Brazil and Cuba!
Join our Latin Dance Community
For notifications on Latin related events, NEW courses and to receive insights into the world of Latin dance, join our list. Receive a double pass to our weekly Latin Mix party valued at $28!
* denotes a required field.