Latin Dance Starter
Discover how our Latin Dance Starter course delivers a unique concept of how you can learn Latin dance.
Experience: Our most popular starting course. Be empowered to become a confident, versatile, social dancer. You will explore the basics of 6 of the most popular Latin styles by feeling the differences in the music and learning organic movement rather than just focusing on steps.
Dance Styles: Salsa, Merengue, Forró, Bachata, Zouk Lambada and Samba.
Duration: 12 weeks, with the option of 6 weeks | One hour class per week
Studio: 163 Boundary St, in the heart of West End
After Latin Dance Starter: Latin Dance Starter is part of our full Foundation program, a progressive system that will expand your knowledge and skill across the most popular and authentic Latin styles.
Your Course is a complete experience
You will be invited to social events, receive support emails and gain access to practice videos. You are opening the door to one of the best Latin Dance Academies in Australia with a vibrant long-running community. We offer Private tuition, weekly parties and fun events. You dance at your pace & we are here to support your dance journey.
One Course Membership | Starter $23 per week
Double your dancing | Starter $34.50 per week, Dance two Starter Courses of your choice.
We also offer Multi-Course memberships if you want to jump into multiple dance style courses.
Cuban Salsa – Salsa is danced in many different “flavours” or styles. Cuban Salsa is very grounded with African influences and as such will improve your body movement and flow. See more
Samba No Pé – This dance style is what Brazil is famous for! Samba no Pé is a non-partnered dance style that is great for fitness, toning and posture. Prepare to have fun! See more
Here are just some of the benefits some of our members say they enjoy:
- You dance with a partner from day 1.
- No partner or experience required.
- Learning with two qualified instructors per class
- An enriched learning experience with our Student Supporters
- Discovering that you can dance multiple styles with two simple step options.
- Making friends with class mates and enjoying included social events.
- Receiving weekly support videos
- Discover muscles you never knew existed.
- A thriving dance community.
- Benefit from our proven method refined over 20 years.
- Gaining cultural insight, not just learning steps.
- Improved mind body connection and comfort moving their body.
- All the while having fun!
- When a friend invited me along to Rio Rhythmics in West End to try the Latin Mix intro class one Saturday night, I thought I’d give it a try. I had no idea that night would be the turning point to a wonderful new life full of dance & lovely friendships. I’ve dropped 20kgs in weight & feel fit, alive & so happy.Andrea Young
- Nowadays I don't know what I would do if i couldn't go out social dancing. The thing is that Latin dance isn't only about connecting with a partner to the music, it is a social scene, a network of friends, a meeting place for young and old. I go out most weekends dancing, I don't drink much alcohol, I meet lots of new and interesting people, I stay fit, and my confidence in all sections of my life has gained a boost.Stewart Shuker
- "I've just returned from the most amazing 8 week trip of a lifetime of non-stop dancing across Brasil and Cuba, where many people told me I danced like a local. For me this journey really started 6 years ago when I started my foundation course with Rio Rhythmics learning to dance Samba, Zouk and Salsa and I am so thankful to them for such a fantastic start. I think learning so many different styles in the Foundation Course from the very beginning has been a great advantage to me as a dancer. I found my confidence grew more quickly as it allowed me to find the different styles which best suited me. It also taught me perseverance which I am grateful for as I struggled with Zouk at first and now it is one of my favourite styles. The course made me a more versatile dancer and I love bringing what I know of the different genres across to create my own style. I also love knowing no matter where I go in the world I can experience the joy that is dancing and meet amazing locals because there will be a style of dancing I know and love. Kara CoughlinI danced my way through Brazil and Cuba!
- I've always wanted to learn to dance but never considered myself coordinated enough. I used to walk past Rio Rhythmic on the way to boxing class and hear the music play. Eventually I plucked up the courage and asked about classes - and signed up for Latin Starter as well as a Mens leading 101 class. I was going alone - knowing no one so I was incredibly nervous and assumed everyone else there would be with their partners. This was far from the truth. I showed up for my first class - was greeted with enthusiasm and made to feel comfortable. Standing in front of the mirrors for the very first time was nerve wracking, as well as the first time I had to grab a girl for a dance. The teachers however had obviously seen this a million times, and made me feel completely at home. Even with my lack of natural grace, they encouraged me - showed me how to step and how to move. The classes were fun - with passionate and talented teachers. There was never a time where I felt laughed at - even at my most awkward. From the very first class I was hooked. I met a few friends and I was far more ready to take the second, the third.. the tenth.. classes. By the time I finished the starter class I had become close friends with those learning with me - and I was beginning to feel more comfortable asking people to dance at social nights. I was also beginning to relax and far less concerned that people were watching. I was hooked! I signed up for another couple of classes - and a whole world started to open around me. The teachers all had different styles - but I was in awe of each and every one of them. I saw amazing people dance - and started to emulate their moves. My friends who started with me continued - Rio became family to me. A year later - and hundreds of classes (I now dance most nights - and can barely miss a party night!) - and I can't stop! I still have plenty to learn - but I'm improving every day. The attention of the teachers has been faultless - and I now social dance - and ask girls to dance without any worry of looking silly and I can relax and enjoy every dance. There are now many other places I can dance - but Rio is like home to me, the staff and other students like family - and my ears constantly filled with music. Thank you Rio Rhythmic for introducing me to a wonderful world I barely knew existed.Nigel
Join our Latin Dance Community
For notifications on Latin related events, NEW courses and to receive insights into the world of Latin dance, join our list. Receive a double pass to our weekly Latin Mix party valued at $28!
* denotes a required field.