Latin Dance Starter Course | 8 weeks
Dance your way to a whole new life with authentic Latin social dance.
Even if you’ve never danced before or don’t have a partner, we’ll take you by the hand and give you the confidence to step onto any dance floor. Rio Rhythmics is centrally located in West End, near the Brisbane CBD and with over 23 years experience teaching authentic, social Latin Dance in Brisbane, you’re in expert hands.
Discover how our Latin Dance Starter course delivers a unique concept of how you can learn Latin dance.
Experience: Our most popular starting course. Be empowered to become a confident, versatile, social dancer. You will explore the basics of 6 of the most popular Latin styles by feeling the differences in the music and learning organic movement rather than just focusing on steps.
Dance Styles: Salsa, Merengue, Forró, Bachata, Zouk Lambada and Samba.
Duration: 8 weeks, one hour class per week. Plus a complimentary celebratory festiva.
Studio: 163 Boundary St, in the heart of West End
After Latin Dance Starter: Latin Dance Starter is part of our Latin Dance Foundation courses. It includes Latin Dance Foundation Levels 2 & 3 which give you a deep set of skills and dance understanding for your dancing life. We know of no other Latin dance academy that invests in the learning (and enjoyment!) pathway of Latin Dance in this way.
Your Course is a complete experience: You will be invited to social events, receive support emails and gain access to practice videos. You are opening the door to one of the best Latin Dance Academies in Australia with a vibrant long-running community. We offer Private tuition, weekly parties and fun events. You dance at your pace & we are here to support your dance journey.
If you already know some Latin dance styles, you may prefer to start at one of the higher level courses. Contact us today to join the dance!
Why start Latin Dance Starter with us?
- You dance with a partner from day 1.
- No partner or experience required.
- Learning with highly qualified instructors per class
- An enriched learning experience with our Student Supporters
- Discovering that you can dance multiple styles with two simple step options.
- Making friends with class mates and enjoying included social events.
- Receiving weekly support videos
- Discover muscles you never knew existed.
- A thriving dance community.
- Benefit from our proven method refined over 20 years (and counting!).
- Gaining cultural insight, not just learning steps.
- Improved mind body connection and comfort moving their body.
- All the while having fun!
- When a friend invited me along to Rio Rhythmics in West End to try the Latin Mix intro class one Saturday night, I thought I’d give it a try. I had no idea that night would be the turning point to a wonderful new life full of dance & lovely friendships. I’ve dropped 20kgs in weight & feel fit, alive & so happy.Andrea Young
- Nowadays I don't know what I would do if i couldn't go out social dancing. The thing is that Latin dance isn't only about connecting with a partner to the music, it is a social scene, a network of friends, a meeting place for young and old. I go out most weekends dancing, I don't drink much alcohol, I meet lots of new and interesting people, I stay fit, and my confidence in all sections of my life has gained a boost.Stewart Shuker
Receive Insight and Inspiration about our Academy and Latin Dance
Subscribe and become part of our community and fall in love with dance. (You will also receive a double pass to our weekly Latin Mix party valued at $28!)
* denotes a required field.