Put the spring back into your step and inject passion into your life with social Latin Dance. Classes run 7 days a week and parties are every weekend – you’ll transform not only your health, but your social network too!
The way we teach is a little bit different. At Rio Rhythmics you’ll learn step-by-step all the technical elements of how to Salsa, Samba and much more – but you’ll also gain cultural insights to the styles so you can dance with authentic Latin passion! Right from the beginning, you’ll learn all the most popular Latin Dance styles as we believe it’s the fastest and most enjoyable way to get you ready for the social dance floor!
Even if you’ve never danced before or don’t have a partner, we’ll take you by the hand and give you the confidence to step onto any dance floor. Rio Rhythmics is centrally located in West End, near the Brisbane CBD and with over 20 years experience teaching authentic, social Latin Dance in Brisbane, you’re in good hands.
The best place to start is our Latin Dance Starter Course, where you’ll learn 6 styles in just 6 weeks. Each lesson will teach you not only the steps, but how to truly communicate and express yourself through dance. You’ll be swept away by the music, the movement and the momentum of Latin Dance. Click Here to Find Out More
If you’re looking for a specific style of dance or are looking for more advanced classes, let us help you find the best course by calling us on 3844 1824.
From Carnaval shows & roving, to moody Tango we have the perfect Latin dance performance or workshop for your next event.
Why choose Rio Rhythmics?
• We have over 20 years of experience welcoming new dancers
• We want to help you change your life through Latin dance
• We are qualified and authentic
• We are about way more than just the dance
Join Tarcisio, our founding Director for the trip of a lifetime!
For over 18 years, Tarcisio has run cultural tours to Brazil.
Departing February/March each year for Carnaval, the Amazon to Iguazu Falls.
For upcoming information sessions and more details click here.
Next Tour departs February 2017.
Our parties run every Friday & Saturday night & monthly on Sunday’s.
You can keep up to date by signing up for our monthly Party Update.
Where do I start?
6 Week Latin Dance Starter Courses are the most popular place to get started. You will learn 6 of the most popular Latin dance styles as you join our vibrant community of dance enthusiests. There is no better way to connect mind and body, create overall health, meet new friends and have great fun!
Latin Dance Starter runs 5-6 days per week, you can check out the latest timetable here.
For just $23 per week* on Direct Debit. Or $138 when paid in full. Full time students receive 10% off!
For more information click here. Or call us today to chat with one of our friendly team members 3844 1824.
Rio Rhythmics ran a workshop for us linking Latin dance skills to Leadership. I wanted to say thank you very much. We received so much positive feedback from it that it really concluded our leadership workshop day on a high note. Initially I thought it would be a struggle as we had mostly senior male leaders in the room and the thought of them dancing with each other willingly was difficult to conceive. However you made it so much fun and all about leading and following that most of them forgot they were dancing with another man and just saw a human being that they were trying to communicate with. Your leadership analogies and examples were fabulous and made a lot of sense. We would definitely do this again.
Aurecon Brisbane Delivery Centre ManagerDance As Leadership Training
- "Music and dance have always been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. In 2009 I got my first taste of Latin dance at Rio Rhythmics. My experiences with Rio Rhythmics over the past years have been nothing but fantastic. The team at Rio’s has always nurtured, supported and guided the dancer within me and given me plenty of exciting and fun opportunities. I’m so proud and grateful to be a part of the team at Rio Rhythmics. Dancing isn’t just about being able to do the steps or having good technique or exercising to keep fit, it is about how it makes you feel inside and how you share your energy and emotions with those around you. Dance is a way to be heard without having to speak. Dancing has weaved itself into every aspect of my life and is one of the things closest to my heart. It is one of my true passions. A special thanks to Cathy Barker and Tarcisio for being such phenomenal role models and mentors. I have learnt so much from you both". Archana KishoreNew opportunities await
- It was such a privilege to be part of the Rio Rhythmics samba team and to finally perform at the West End carnival after years of watching it from the side! The team was so fun and friendly, I've got great memories of the performances and training sessions we did together! Cathy is not only a beautiful dancer but also a great teacher! She showed so much patience and kindness when I first joined the team. She taught me how to dance samba with my heart, from head to toes! :)I learnt to dance Samba with my heart!
"I started Latin dance in Mackay a few months before moving to Brisbane. Since I started at Rio Rhythmics my dancing has improved so well! Especially at the social dance nights every Friday and Saturday! Also I'll add the staff and instructors are so welcoming. Always a happy smile from Toneya and Flavia at the desk! I won't ever stop dancing!! "Rhys Ahearn
Learning Salsa/Bachata was on my bucket list, so I took the plunge and started classes at Rio Rhythmics.
After attending a few of the Saturday night dance parties, I decided I wanted to learn a few more styles,
so enrolled in Latin Starter. I think I'm addicted. The teachers are so supportive and encouraging, making learning a pleasure.Gail Hall
- I was hooked! I signed up for another couple of classes - and a whole world started to open around me. The teachers all had different styles - but I was in awe of each and every one of them. I saw amazing people dance - and started to emulate their moves. My friends who started with me continued - Rio became family to meNigel