Put the spring back into your step and inject passion into your life with social Latin Dance. Classes run 7 days a week and parties are every weekend – you’ll transform not only your health, but your social network too!
The way we teach is a little bit different. At Rio Rhythmics you’ll learn step-by-step all the technical elements of how to Salsa, Samba and much more – but you’ll also gain cultural insights to the styles so you can dance with authentic Latin passion! Right from the beginning, you’ll learn all the most popular Latin Dance styles as we believe it’s the fastest and most enjoyable way to get you ready for the social dance floor!
Even if you’ve never danced before or don’t have a partner, we’ll take you by the hand and give you the confidence to step onto any dance floor. Rio Rhythmics is centrally located in West End, near the Brisbane CBD and with over 20 years experience teaching authentic, social Latin Dance in Brisbane, you’re in good hands.
The best place to start is our Latin Dance Starter Course, where you’ll learn 6 styles in just 6 weeks. Each lesson will teach you not only the steps, but how to truly communicate and express yourself through dance. You’ll be swept away by the music, the movement and the momentum of Latin Dance. Click Here to Find Out More
If you’re looking for a specific style of dance or are looking for more advanced classes, let us help you find the best course by calling us on 3844 1824.
From Carnaval shows & roving, to moody Tango we have the perfect Latin dance performance or workshop for your next event.
Why choose Rio Rhythmics?
• We have over 20 years of experience welcoming new dancers
• We want to help you change your life through Latin dance
• We are qualified and authentic
• We are about way more than just the dance
For over 18 years, Tarcisio has run small group cultural tours to Brazil.
Departing February/March each year it promises to be the trip of a lifetime.
Next Info session for 2016 Brazil Tour:
Saturday 29 August 10am at Rio Rhythmics Studio 163 Boundary St, West End
Our parties run every Friday & Saturday night & monthly on Sunday’s.
You can keep up to date by signing up for our monthly Party Update.
6 Week Latin Dance Starter Courses for just $20 per week* on Direct Debit. Or $120 when paid in full. Full time students receive $20 off! Call us today to find out more 3844 1824. For more details click here
Term 3: 6 July – 27 September
Start Dancing Now
If you are ready to get started click below to enrol online now or give us a call on 3844 1824
Receive Dancing News!
- It was such a privilege to be part of the Rio Rhythmics samba team and to finally perform at the West End carnival after years of watching it from the side! The team was so fun and friendly, I've got great memories of the performances and training sessions we did together! Cathy is not only a beautiful dancer but also a great teacher! She showed so much patience and kindness when I first joined the team. She taught me how to dance samba with my heart, from head to toes! :)I learnt to dance Samba with my heart!
"I started Latin dance in Mackay a few months before moving to Brisbane. Since I started at Rio Rhythmics my dancing has improved so well! Especially at the social dance nights every Friday and Saturday! Also I'll add the staff and instructors are so welcoming. Always a happy smile from Toneya and Flavia at the desk! I won't ever stop dancing!! "Rhys Ahearn
Learning Salsa/Bachata was on my bucket list, so I took the plunge and started classes at Rio Rhythmics.
After attending a few of the Saturday night dance parties, I decided I wanted to learn a few more styles,
so enrolled in Latin Starter. I think I'm addicted. The teachers are so supportive and encouraging, making learning a pleasure.Gail Hall
- I was hooked! I signed up for another couple of classes - and a whole world started to open around me. The teachers all had different styles - but I was in awe of each and every one of them. I saw amazing people dance - and started to emulate their moves. My friends who started with me continued - Rio became family to meNigel
- Even with my lack of natural grace, they encouraged me - showed me how to step and how to move. The classes were fun - with passionate and talented teachers. There was never a time where I felt laughed at - even at my most awkward.Nigel
- Nowadays I don't know what I would do if i couldn't go out social dancing. The thing is that Latin dance isn't only about connecting with a partner to the music, it is a social scene, a network of friends, a meeting place for young and old. I go out most weekends dancing, I don't drink much alcohol, I meet lots of new and interesting people, I stay fit, and my confidence in all sections of my life has gained a boost.Stewart Shuker